Note the time. Watch it tick forward for the next 50 minutes.
Then, know that in that time, drunk driving has claimed another innocent life — another mother or father, sister or brother, friend or coworker.
It’s a race against time, and we are fighting back with the inaugural Raise Against Time, 50 hours of virtual supporter fundraisers on Facebook starting Nov. 7th.
We are asking every Facebook friend to host a virtual fundraiser Nov. 7th and 8th. Simply invite 10 friends to donate $10. If that happens, we will raise $10,497 to represent the lives stolen in 2016 by drunk driving.
Those funds will support victims and survivors, advocate for stronger laws, support law enforcement and move advanced vehicular technology to the market faster.
If you’ve already RSVP’ed to the event, thank you for joining. Below you will find tips and tools to make your fundraiser successful.
If you haven’t signed up yet, click here.
How to host a virtual fundraiser on FacebookToday there is a growing number of people donating to non-profits through social media. Here is how to do it:
- Sign into your Facebook.
- Search for “Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)” or simply type facebook.com/madd.official into your address bar.
- At the top, center of your page, there will be a button titled
- Click this and decide how much money you want to Raise to fight the rising number of drunk driving fatalities. If everyone raises $100, we will meet our goal of $100,000.
- Set your fundraiser to end November 8, 2017.
- Title your fundraiser, Raise Against Time (MADD)
- Why are you raising money? Share your own reasons or use this:
Since the new drunk driving fatality numbers have come out, the clock has started spinning even faster. Now, someone dies every 50 minutes, a minute faster than last year, several minutes faster than the year before. Feels like we are in a race against time. That's why I am asking you to join me Nov. 7th and 8th to Raise Against Time with MADD. Will you join my campaign?
Invite your friends
Share this post on Facebook: Every 50 minutes drunk driving steals another life. Let’s stop racing against the clock and start raising. I’m hosting a Facebook fundraiser for Mothers Against Drunk Driving starting Nov. 7th and lasting for 50 hours. I need 10 friends to donate $10. Will you help me?
Social shares and banners
Feel free to use our cover photo for your personal fundraising campaign as well.
Let’s stop raicing against time and start raising.
Join us as we Raise Against Time to fight drunk driving.