The Branford program DATE HAS CHANGED to Wednesday, October 11th. Also the LOCATION HAS CHANGED to the MADD Office at 339 Hemingway Ave, 2nd Floor, East Haven, CT.
Please contact Nicole Wichowski at [email protected] with any questions.
In-Person SMART Programs
We have the following dates and times for SMART (youth program for people under 21 with infractions OTHER THAN DUI).
Middletown: Thursday, September 21, 2023- EVENING (registration begins at 5:15pm and the program begins at 6pm
Branford: Wednesday, October 11, 2023 (NEW DATE)- EVENING (registration begins at 5:15pm and the program begins at 6pm. **This class will be held at the MADD Office, 339 Hemingway Ave, 2nd Floor, East Haven, CT.**
Waterbury: Wednesday, November 15, 2023- EVENING (registration begins at 5:15pm and the program begins at 6pm
West Hartford: Tuesday, December 5, 2023- EVENING (registration begins at 5:15pm and the program begins at 6pm
This program is for NOT for anyone charged with a DUI. If charged with a DUI, please refer to Victim Impact Panel page.
The MADD Power of You(th)® Start Making A Right Turn™ SMART TEEN Program and MADD Power of Parents® Start Making A Right Turn™ SMART PARENT Program is tailored for individuals under the age of 21 at the time of offense and parents for those under the age of 18. The programs are designed for those found to be in violation of Connecticut motor vehicle, minor in possession of alcohol, possession of marijuana or underage drinking laws and the associated dangers.
To attend the MADD SMART™ Teen & Parent Programs, please follow these instructions:
- Choose a location: specific dates can be found when you click on the location.
- Program Fee: $50.00 credit card pre-registration or money order made payable to MADD Connecticut and a Photo ID. (For example – driver’s license, state issued ID, student ID, or passport). We do not accept cash or personal checks.
- If under 18, a parent or guardian is required to attend the program and must bring a Photo ID and additional $50 program fee.
- Re-check the website on the afternoon of the program to make sure that no changes or cancellations have been made to the schedule.
- Registration for the program begins at 5:15 pm. The program starts at 6:00 pm. Doors close and registration ends at 6:00 pm. No one will be permitted after 6:00 pm. Latecomers will not be allowed entry and refunds will not be given. The program is first-come, first-serve. Pre-registration does not guarantee a seat. If you miss registration or no seats are available the MADD Connecticut office will be able to change your registration.
- Pre-registration is available for all locations.
- Upon completion of the program, all participants are given a certificate of completion to submit to the courts or other respective referral agencies. You must retain and provide this verification to the court. MADD shall report whether the defendant satisfactorily completed the program to the Court Support Services Division.
- DO NOT CALL THE PROGRAM LOCATIONS. They have no affiliation with MADD and are not able to provide you with information.
- If you have questions, please contact MADD at 203-764-2566 or [email protected].
- If you have been charged or convicted of a DUI, please register for the MADD CT Victim Impact Panel, VIP. The SMART program will not fulfill your requirement.