Phone: (843) 696-3327
Email: [email protected]
Address: 291 East Bay Street, Charleston, SC 29401
Law Firm Highlight:
- We are lawyers for victims – only.
- In seeking full justice for victims, we work to hold all wrongdoers accountable for the harm caused by drunk driving. We don’t just stop at the drunk driver – we go to the source.
- Our mission is the relentless pursuit of drunk drivers and any bar, restaurant, or other alcohol retailer that plays a role in putting drunk drivers on our roads and our communities at risk.
- We do this work by using “Dram Shop” laws that enable victims to hold alcohol retailers responsible for the consequences of over-serving alcohol and enabling drunk drivers.
- We are fully committed to the advocacy and protection of crime victims’ rights and our firm has a 100% success rate representing victims of impaired driving.
- We speak for victims. Our results speak for us.
DAVID LAIL, JD, MBA | Partner
Victims’ Rights Lawyer
David Lail has served on MADD South Carolina’s Board since 2017 and exclusively represents victims. As a result, Lail’s practice focuses on helping people that have experienced a life-changing event or crisis and found themselves with a real fight on their hands – a fight that many times involves powerful and connected interests on the other side. Regardless of the opposition, his approach remains the same – build the strongest case possible for trial and let the results speak for themselves.
As a lawyer advocate for victims, Lail is a member of The National Crime Victim Bar Association, The National Organization for Victim Assistance (VOCA), The National Alliance of Victims’ Rights Attorneys & Advocates (NAVRA) and he has undergone victim advocacy training through the U.S. Department of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime Training and Technical Assistance Center (OVC TTAC).
Lail also speaks regularly on representing crime victims and has conducted numerous trainings, presentations, and CLEs on Dram Shop Litigation for law enforcement agencies, the South Carolina Bar, The Charleston School of Law, the South Carolina Association for Justice (SCAJ), The National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA), and Strafford Publications. Lail was also interviewed as part of the South Carolina Business Review’s report, “Dram Shop Risk on the Rise in SC”. A recording of the interview can be heard here.
Lail is a member of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 and South Carolina Super Lawyers. Lail is also a Board Member of the South Carolina Association for Justice (SCAJ), a member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ), and he is also licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia.
David received a B.B.A. in Finance from the University of Kentucky in 2001 and then moved to Charleston in 2006 after a career with a Fortune 500 company. Next, David received an M.B.A. from The Citadel, highest honors, and a J.D., cum laude, from the Charleston School of Law where he was an Associate Articles Editor of the Charleston Law Review, a member of the Charleston School of Law Moot Court Board, and a Teaching Fellow in the Legal Research, Analysis, and Writing Department. During his legal study, David received CALI Awards for the highest law school grade in: Torts, Legal Research, Analysis, and Writing I & II, and Pleadings & Practice.
David lives in Charleston with his wife, Lauren, and their two children, Evie and Hugh. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving does not guarantee or warrantee the work product of those attorneys listed in this directory. This list is comprised of attorneys who have provided information to MADD indicating that they are capable of handling drunk and/or drugged driving lawsuits on behalf of the victim. An attorney on this list may be removed at any time at MADD’s sole discretion.