MADD Victim Impact Panel (VIP) Information for Tennessee
Who should attend MADD Victim Impact Panel (VIP) Classes? Offenders who have been ordered by the court to attend a VIP class. (Offenders are those who have been arrested, charged, and/or convicted of DUI or other alcohol or drug-related offenses) Note: Only court-ordered offenders may attend in-person and/or online MADD VIP classes. We will not accept attendees by attorney referral.
Click HERE for more Frequently Asked Questions about VIP Classes in Tennessee.
CURRENT VIP CLASS STATUS:
We currently are able to offer in-person classes in at least one location/region: Alcoa and Sevierville in East Tennessee; Memphis and Jackson in West Tennessee; and Ashland City (in both English and Spanish), Cookeville, Nashville (in both English and Spanish), and White Bluff in Middle Tennessee. No additional locations are available.
To find an in-person class:
- Go to www.maddvip.org, and type where you live in the white box.
- A list of MADD VIP locations near you will pop up.
- Click the location where you would like to attend.
- If no class times/dates are listed, we are unable to host classes at that location at this time due to Covid-19.
- For those locations where in-person classes are being offered, you can register by clicking the “register” button listed next to the class date/time you wish to attend.
- Most of our classes are extremely limited on capacity due to social distancing requirements, so we highly recommend you pre-register for in-person classes in order to guarantee your spot in the class.
- Please carefully review additional information at the bottom of the location’s page regarding Covid-19 safety practices for in-person classes.
- Also, be sure to click “Important Rules & Information (Must Read)” in the red box at the right of the location’s page.
Please be advised that due to the evolving situation regarding COVID-19, we recommend you check our website on the day of your class, to verify it has not been rescheduled.
OPTIONS FOR AN ONLINE VICTIM IMPACT PANEL (VIP) CLASS:
- If you need to complete a VIP class, an ONLINE option is also available now at https://online.maddvip.org
- Click here for more information on the ONLINE VIP.
- A Spanish version of the Online VIP is also now available. Click here for more information. (También está disponible una versión en español de Online VIP. Haga clic aquí para más información.)
NOTICE OF VIP CANCELLATION/RESCHEDULE:
Past VIP Cancellation/Reschedule List
Note: If you were registered for a VIP class in 2020 and did not attend one of the in-person options offered to you or contact us in writing before 1/1/21 to request your pre-paid registration fees be applied to our Online VIP class, and you still need to complete your VIP requirement, you will need to re-register for an in-person class in 2021 or register/pay for the $50 Online VIP class.