Honoring Heroes Recognition Banquet 2023
Officer Nomination Request
Mothers Against Drink Driving (MADD) is proud to present its 34th annual Honoring Heroes Recognition Banquet. This banquet is MADD’s signature opportunity to honor the law enforcement officers, first responders, and court personnel who diligently work to support our shared mission to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes, and prevent underage drinking. We request your agency nominate outstanding colleagues who through their work exemplify MADD’s mission, but also exhibit any of the following qualities:
- Conducts traffic stops to reduce drunk and drugged driving
- Professionally completes high-quality investigations
- Presents information in court or is a court-certified DUI expert
- Raises awareness about the dangers of impaired driving through public speaking and community events, such as GAIN & NNO, educating youth and the community on the high risks of underage drinking and drug use prevention
- Specializes as a School Resource Officer, Detective, DUI Squad Member, Motor Officer, Crime Lab Technician, or other affiliated title
Continuing this year! Your agency may submit multiple nominations given they represent different departments within the agency. For example, any officer or support staff that has embodied service above self and works to raise awareness on all levels of MADD’s Mission.
Time is of the essence! Please have the most appropriate person submit the attached nomination form(s), along with a two or three paragraph bio and hi-res photo about your nominee(s), no later than July 6, 2023.
Banquet details: The Honoring Heroes Banquet is MADD’s signature recognition gala to honor the law enforcement officers, first responders, and court personnel who diligently work to support our shared mission to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes, and prevent underage drinking.
Join us as we honor those who keep us safe and as Keynote Speakers Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb and his wife, Janel share the impacts of a drunk driving crash on their lives.
If you have additional questions, please contact me at
[email protected] or by phone at
602.240.6500 ext. (6451)
Thank you for your continued support,
Tania Bustamante | State Executive Director| MADD Arizona
Please submit this form with the photo & bio no later than July 6, 2023, to Tania Bustamante.
If you prefer to print and mail a physical copy, or email it directly, you can access the form in PDF/print-friendly form here