Seeking enthusiastic Program Specialist to coordinate all aspects including technical planning and creation of core and supplemental drunk driving prevention programs and law enforcement liaison for targeted populations in Travis, Hays and Williamson Counties.
Organize and implement all aspects and technical planning and creation of core and supplemental underage drinking and drunk driving prevention programs for targeted populations at the local level. Responsible for all program administration including regular liaison and reporting, achievement of established performance objectives, development of programs to achieve objectives, and adherence to all program and/or grant policies and guidelines.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
The role may involve some evening and weekend work, must possess public speaking skills, Spanish bilingual is helpful, but not necessary. All work-related travel is reimbursed.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that goals and objectives as designated by MADD management and/or the grantor are achieved by developing and designing events targeted to accomplish specific objectives and providing marketing and outreach of the program to community agencies.
- Work closely with local law enforcement agencies and support them through monthly newsletters and collaboration through coalition meetings.
- Plan and organize a yearly Law Enforcement Recognition event each year for officers who are nominated for DWI recognition.
- Attend local coalition meetings in each county and collaborate with stakeholders in prevention outreach.
- Manage the implementation and logistics of adult drunk driving prevention and underage drinking prevention programs through the design and facilitation of training programs at the State and Local level. Organize and host orientation meetings, evaluation meetings, facilitator training, and facilitation of parent workshops and student presentations.
- Source and recruit volunteers, as needed, for applicable programs. Provide training, guidance, support, and motivation to volunteers and staff by conducting training meetings, telephone coaching, and on-site assistance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Human Services or equivalent degree.
- One to two years’ experience in work with the implementation of community awareness, education, partnership, and youth programs specifically related to community health. Previous experience working with programs helpful.
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically, and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions, and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical, and organizational standards in job-related activities, at work, and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion, and compassion for the mission of MADD.
- Eligible within first 30-45 days
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% employer matching
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
This role is hybrid.
How to Apply
Please provide your resume to [email protected]