MADD is seeking a reliable, highly motivated, outgoing and self-driven individual to pioneer and advance MADD’s mission in Puerto Rico. Currently, this role will be remote, work from home position and the preferred candidate need to live on the island of Puerto Rico. Remote means that while there is not a local office to report to, local travel and in-person services will be required of the role. Candidate should be able to work flexible hours, and able to travel locally. Travel and mileage costs will be reimbursed. MADD does not offer relocation assistance at this time. Work in law enforcement, public safety, first responder, or government is preferred. Public speaking and presentation skills are a plus. Bilingual in Spanish and English is required.
Organize and implement all aspects and technical portions of core and supplemental underage drinking and drunk driving prevention programs for targeted populations at the State and Local level. Work with state and local law enforcement on prevention and enforcement initiative related to impaired driving prevention. Responsible for all program administration including regular liaison and reporting, achievement of established performance objectives, development of programs to achieve objectives and adherence to all program and/or grant policies and guidelines.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that goals and objectives as designated by MADD management and/or the grantor are achieved by developing and designing events targeted to accomplish specific objectives and providing marketing and outreach of the program to community agencies. Ensure that grant proposals include MADD’s program directives.
- Manage the implementation and logistics of adult drunk driving prevention and underage drinking prevention programs through the design and facilitation of training programs at the State and Local level to include law enforcement agencies. Organize and host orientation meetings, evaluation meetings, facilitator training and facilitation of parent workshops, student presentations, and recognition/support to the community and local State law enforcement.
- Source and recruit volunteers, as needed, for applicable programs. Provide training, guidance, support and motivation to volunteers and staff by conducting training meetings, telephone coaching and on-site assistance.
- Maintain tracking and data collection of programs and/or grant results, financial reports, and the progress for evaluation and improvement. Identify areas that are not fully utilizing the resources available and ensure assistance is provided in a timely manner.
- Participate in the implementation of National program evaluation measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as Human Services or equivalent experience.
- One to two years experience in work with the implementation of community awareness, education, partnership, and youth programs specifically related to community health. Previous experience working with programs, grant administration, and law enforcement campaigns/initiatives are helpful.
- Travel and flexible hours are required.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically, and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a timetable, meet deadlines, follow instructions, and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical, and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion, and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require you to: be in a stationary position for extended periods; move or traverse in a space for short periods; occasionally transport items with a maximum weight of 25 pounds (such as boxes); communicate with other individuals; and perceive and exchange information. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator, and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations in the region and/or away from the centralized work location. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment, and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
This field position is normally funded by a grant for a specific period of time. In the event the grant is discontinued, the position may be eliminated.
- Eligible within first 30-45 days
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% employer matching
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
MADD is providing PPE equipment to all employees and safety training.
How to Apply
Please provide resume and/or cover letter, and salary requirements to our hiring team via the APPLY button below.