Mothers Against Drunk Driving is seeking a reliable, highly motivated and self-driven individual to advance MADD’s mission in Missouri. Previous experience in the courtroom and working with grants a plus.
Organize, direct and ensure implementation of all aspects and technical portions of victim services programs, core and supplemental underage drinking and drunk driving prevention programs for targeted populations at the State and/or Local level. Participate in and provide support in all fundraising initiatives and volunteer capacity building. Serve as community liaison for MADD mission related activities. May manage a staff of at least two full time employees and/or manage a function.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Assure that the organization’s corporate culture, systems and procedures support the goals and objectives of MADD. Lead staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the direction, organization and overall implementation of victim services and drunk driving and underage drinking prevention core and supplemental programs. Ensure that program goals and objectives as designated by MADD management and/or the grantor are achieved by providing training, guidance, support and motivation to staff and volunteers. Make sure that grant proposals include MADD’s program directives.
- Implement training curriculum for core and supplemental programs and conduct the trainings at participating State and Affiliate organizations. Organize and host orientation meetings, evaluation meetings and training of local trainers.
- Responsible for all program and/or grant administration including relationship building with community partners and grantors, regular financial reporting, and adherence to all program and/or grant policies and guidelines.
- Monitor/maintain tracking and data collection of program and/or grant results and the progress for evaluation and improvement. Report statistics tracked such as outcome measures. Train staff and volunteers on the collection of data and the web based data collection system, if applicable.
- Under direction of immediate supervisor, develop and enhance knowledge, skills and experience in identifying, developing, implementing, and managing fundraising events, individual and corporate gifts, foundations and grants. Meet and or exceed established personal fundraising goals. Manage staff and volunteers in the achievement of their fundraising goals and objectives.
- Under direction of immediate supervisor, establish, implement and/or maintain a volunteer management plan in accordance with and as outlined in MADD’s Volunteer Management Program to include development and implementation of sourcing and recruiting strategies utilizing community partnerships and affiliations. Interview, select and onboard volunteers in coordination with existing staff and volunteers.
- Prepare and manage applicable programs budgets. Prepare and submit reports related to budget and grant guidelines.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and manage a staff of at least two full time employees in support of program and/or grant functions. Ensure that all programs, services and grants are being implemented and managed efficiently, effectively and professionally through establishment of goals & objectives and that employees receive, understand and are held accountable in meeting goals & objectives. Foster an atmosphere which encourages professional achievement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Two to four years experience in work with the development and implementation of community awareness, education and prevention programs. Previous experience working with grant administration extremely beneficial.
- At least 1 year prior staff management experience or demonstrated leadership abilities is required.
- Ability to make presentations, good public speaking and public presence a must. Previous experience facilitating adult education classes preferred.
- Travel and flexible hours are required.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands –
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require you to: be in a stationary position for extended periods; move or traverse in a space for short periods; occasionally transport items with a maximum weight of 25 pounds (such as boxes); communicate with other individuals; and perceive and exchange information. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
This field position is normally funded by a grant for a specific period of time. In the event the grant is discontinued, the position may be eliminated.
- Eligible within first 30-45 days
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% employer matching
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hybrid work-from-home may be available after 90 day eligibility.
MADD is providing PPE equipment to all employees and safety training. This role reports in-person at MADD’s local affiliate in St. Louis, MO. Hybrid work-from-home may be available after 90 day eligibility.
How to Apply
Please provide resume and/or cover letter, and salary requirements to our hiring team via the APPLY button below.