Responsible for coordinating and implementing education, recognition and public awareness programs and events at the State and Local level.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate and organize the scheduling and implementation of MADD’s core and supplemental programs and events designed to support victims, promote MADD’s mission and educate the public regarding drunk driving related issues.
- Establish a network of community members, schools, law enforcement, public officials and other prominent members of the community to maintain & support MADD’s goals.
- May schedule, coordinate and facilitate Victim Impact Panels.
- Recruit, train and direct volunteers, facilitators and speakers for various programs, panels and events. Collect, maintain and report records of all volunteer hours and other planning materials & data for programs and events.
- Occasionally staff booths at special events, health and safety fairs when volunteers are not available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two to three years experience in organizing and the administration of programs and events, preferably in a non-profit environment. Familiarity with the criminal justice system is a plus.
- Some travel and flexible hours work necessary.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
This field position may be funded by a grant for a specific period of time. In the event the grant is discontinued, the position may be eliminated.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands –
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require you to: be in a stationary position for extended periods; move or traverse in a space for short periods; occasionally transport items with a maximum weight of 25 pounds (such as boxes); communicate with other individuals; and perceive and exchange information. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
- Flexible Schedule
- 12 Holidays per calendar year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% employer matching
- 20hrs+ Eligible to accrue vacation and sick time on a prorated basis.
MADD is providing PPE equipment to all employees and safety training.
How to Apply
Would you like to join us? Please provide your cover letter and resume to our hiring team via the APPLY button below or email [email protected]